Saturday, February 28, 2009

My First and Definitely Not Last Half Marathon!

Jennifer, Amy and me at the finish line!!
Our wonderful husbands Corey (Amy), Ryan (Me) and Harlow (Jennifer) Thanks Guys for all of your great support!!



Ok so yes I am crazy. Last week Ryan told me that some of women in our ward were running a half marathon (13.1 miles to be exact) next Saturday (today), and I thought hmm this is something I have alway's wanted to do, and what better time to do it! At this point I had only ran 5 miles at one time, but figured I had Brinlee and the dog with me, so 13 miles will be easy not pushing a heavy load. Let me just say that I had the best time and feel so invigorated right now!! The race was in Ft. Worth about an hour away, so we went yesterday and stayed the night in a hotel. It was so much fun being with these awesome women Jennifer and Amy. This is definitely going to be a yearly tradition. I am not sure my exact time, but my watch said 2 hours and 17 minutes!!! That is about a 10 minute mile, and I felt awesome at the end. Our husbands were at the finish line to cheer us on and it was perfect!! Thanks honey for being there to support me!!

4 comments:

Christina Brinkworth said...

This is amazing and I am so proud of you!!! Good job. I was thinkin' about you today and just wanted to say I love you and miss seeing you!!! Take care

Julie said...

Good Job Dorothy!!! I am impressed...wish me luck I am supposed to be running one in April, I am excited but scared!!

Ashley said...

Good job!! I wish I had the determination to do something like that! Maybe someday...

Roney Family said...

Dorothy, congrats, I am so so proud of you!!! Good for you.