Sunday, May 17, 2009

Let the training begin.....

The results are in and YES my team won the lottery to run the St.George Marathon in October!! I have alway's wanted to run a marathon as one of my things to do before I was 30 and let's just say that did not happen, but hey it is never too late! Since running the half marathon in February running has got into my blood and I am actually enjoying it. I loved the adreneline rush I got from finishing the race and had plenty of extra energy afterwards that I did not give it a second thought to register for the St. George marathon. The St. George marathon is supposed to be one of the best and out of 10510 people that registered to run they only allow 7200, so I feel pretty lucky to be running in it. I am excited to start training and look forward to accomplishing my personal goal of finishing a marathon!! Wish me luck!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! that's a big time marathon! I remeber entire streets closed for the day as runners flogged the pavement. Good luck with your training. Be prepared for the heat though, it's a killer.

Christina Brinkworth said...

You will do amazing!!! I am so proud of you!! Good luck!